Students from the 19th JLCC interacted with the local people and staff at Harukaze Community Center, Itoshima City on November 4th, 2018. The staff of Harukaze Community Center prepared Yukata and helped the students wear one and got female students’ hair done. In return, the students sang a Japanese song to show their appreciation. The students got excited at drumming Japanese Taiko and practiced the Taiko performance vigorously. In addition, they experienced pounding mochi and making rice balls, and played Japanese traditional games such as Takeuma, Hanetsuki, and Kendama. Also, the students had Butajiru and Zenzai that were cooked by the staff and local people from the community while having a […]
- JLCC Closing Ceremony Held on August 7, 2019
- JLCC Students Visited Yoshinogari Ruins, Saga Pref. on May 20!
- JLCC Students Visited Hita, Oita Prefecture on April 5, 2019!
- JLCC Students Went on a Nagasaki Trip with JTW Students
- JLCC Students Interacted with Locals of Harukaze Community Center, Itoshima City on November 4, 2018